I have a housing emergency.
- Manchester Area Conference of Churches, (860) 647-8003, 466 Main Street - emergency shelter and services.
- Manchester Emergency Replacement Program - Emergency replacements including boilers, furnaces, roofs, hot water heaters.
- Community Renewal Team (CRT) - Septic system repair, lead abatement and senior citizen emergency repairs. 860-560-5600
I need assistance in rehabilitating my home or removing lead paint hazards.
- Rebuilding Together - General home repair and improvement for elderly, disabled and low-income homeowners.
- Community Renewal Team (CRT) - Weatherization services for low- and moderate-income families.
- Manchester Housing Rehabilitation Program - Assistance with home repairs focused solely on property maintenance code issues or lead hazards.
- Connecticut Children’s Healthy Homes Program (CCHHP) - Intervention program to remove or reduce lead hazards.
- Connecticut Housing Investment Fund (CHIF) - Energy Conservation Loan Program (ECL) provides low interest loans for purchase and installation of cost-saving energy conservation improvements.
- Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund - Programs to help save on energy efficient appliances. 1-877- WISE USE (947-3873).
I am in danger of foreclosure.
- Manchester Human Services Department - Foreclosure prevention information 860-647-3092.
- Community Renewal Team (CRT) - Foreclosure prevention resources. 860-560-5600
- Housing Education Resource Center (HERC) - Foreclosure prevention counseling program.
- Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA) - Foreclosure prevention counseling program.
- Connecticut Fair Housing Center - Foreclosure prevention clinics.
I am a renter and need financial assistance.
- State of Connecticut Renters Rebate - Yearly payment to senior and disabled renters. Hotline 860-418-6377.
- Community Renewal Team (CRT) - provides energy assistance to help pay for heating. 860-560-5600.
I need help purchasing a home.
- Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA) - Home buyer programs for Manchester
- Connecticut Housing Investment Fund (CHIF) - Mobile home purchase assistance for first time home buyers.
I need legal assistance or have a landlord/tenant issue.
- Connecticut Fair Housing Center - Information on fair housing, housing discriminations and tenant rights.
- Renters Rebate Program - A one-time yearly payment for seniors and disabled residents based on income.
- Community Renewal Team - Eviction prevention and landlord/tenant conflict resolution.
I am a Veteran, elderly or disabled and need help with property taxes.
- Town of Manchester Property Tax Relief - Information on propety tax relief.
Any other questions or for additional assistance, call 211 Connecticut's free information and referral service.